Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Girly Keepsake/Jewelry Box

I had so much fun playing with this box. It's one of my Dollar Tree finds. I just adore them, I picked up like 8 of them when I came upon them last time, so I always have one when the mood strikes to play with one. I think this is just going to be so cute for a little keepsake/jewelry box for a little girl. Here is the box I altered months ago, it's much simpler than this box, but still just as great. Be sure to check back in tomorrow for an altered mailbox your just going to adore created for under $3!

Keepsake Box
I first painted the entire box with Tattered Angels Mists. I used 3 different shades of pinks on it. This added an extra girly element by making all of the wooden glimmer! I then began adding the Glitz pattern papers around the edges and the back. 

I then added the top piece of paper. I love that these boxes have a magnet closure already in them. So nifty. See that glimmer? Lovely!

Love this glimmer. I then added some pieces on the inside. 


I then added a few Pettaloo flowers, glitter center and knob to the top. I also added a mini glimmered girl figurine to it as well. 

I added some bling along the bottom as well, as what girl doesn't love a little bling. 






2 comments:

  1. such a cute box! awesome job altering it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from One Tough Mother linky party. Love the box re-do -- very cute; especially the key top knob.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated! Let me hear what you have to say!