Friday, February 15, 2013

DIY Canvas Paintings

So, I have a friend who recently moved into a new place and has little to no decor. He's a bachelor, so he doesn't want anything necessarily "pretty". I decided to work on 10 canvas's for him. He can pair them up together as one large piece or pair them off or do whatever really that he likes with them. 

He wanted them to be the color palette of blacks, blue and red. Here's a peak at a few. I'll be posting further results of all 10 after we get them hung this weekend!

I used alot of texture on these and tried to make them funky. I used some stencils with a gritty molding paste for a rough texture, some Tim Holtz crackle and some light molding paste and some molding gel for the different textures and contrasts to the paints. I used only two different stencils but alot of diff pastes and techniques like running baby wipes over the dried gel make it have a more transparent look. I loved playing with them. As each one of very different yet they all flow well together.  Details and tutorial to come soon.

canvas painting with stencils

canvas painting


I'm linking up HERE where we're all sharing our painting projects! Come visit and share!

7 comments:

  1. These are really good. He will like them I'm sure. I love the different possibilities these present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on them! What a great idea to make the decor. I am sure he will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on them! What a great idea to make the decor. I am sure he will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on them! What a great idea to make the decor. I am sure he will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on them! What a great idea to make the decor. I am sure he will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are great. I love that they look like they are on wood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really cool. Like the colors and how you designed them,

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated! Let me hear what you have to say!