Saturday, May 5, 2012

Art Journal Page

I loved the latest prompt at A Year In The Life Of An Art Journal, so much so that I used the same prompt for a different journal as well. Everything I did is pretty self explanatory.

THE PROMPT: Nature is a wondrous thing
ie: use pics of nature

THE STUFF: Don't quote me on it
ie: use a quote or quotes
THE TECHNIQUE: Gesso & stencils ie: try something different and use Gesso on your stencils for texture!

Want to see what others came up with? http://oneyearartjournal.blogspot.com/

 
This page was something else i began sketching on but then didn't like where it was going, so it's a great thing to just cover with some layers.

love the texture and this will dry clear!

Gelatto fun of course. The gel acts as a resist which I loved playing with.

spray with some water and then brushed out and then blotted with a cloth to get it off all of the letters.



I then sprayed the entire page with some watered down gesso. And added a tag.



3 comments:

  1. love what you have done with that alphabet stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the alphabet stencil and gel!
    Cool page!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated! Let me hear what you have to say!