Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Year in Review Album

So, I began playing with this album, using a wide variety of mediums. There's masking tape, tissue tape, book pages, water color crayons, pan pastels, inks, stains, stamps, etc.

I began this with no idea what so ever of what I was going to use it for. I just knew I fell in love with it. I ran across a blog the other day where this gal (kicking myself for not saving the link), had created a year to remember album. I thought it was a nifty enough idea. I decided that's what the album will be, there's enough pages in it to do 12 monthly pages and then a few extras for maybe some 2 page spreads. I don't know yet if it will have pictures or just stories and information. But, I know it'll be perfect for a year in review. I have a few things to add to the cover to finish up the cover now that I know its purpose, but couldn't wait to share the progress thus far. I've also added a few other pieces that I'll showcase once I get the cover done. I haven't decided if each month I should finish a page to it or do them all at once and then just add to it as I go. What do you think? Don't you love the texture!! Love masking tape.






1 comment:

  1. I have that same album but have not used it yet! LOL
    Not my style but I love your creative energy that shows through the cover

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always appreciated! Let me hear what you have to say!