Monday, November 14, 2011

Motivation Monday & A little Story

So, this last weekend, (as you can probably tell from my posts), motivation hit me big time. I got some great masculine cards completed for people this week. I still have about 4 more to do. I think I shall complete them tonight. Including one or two very fun girl cards. I get very excited when I get to do girl cards now, as well, there's only about 8 girls in the business and over 60 men! So, I'm rather excited for lace and charms and crystals!!!

I'm not sure what cause my burst of motivation. I have been making an honest effort to keep my area very clean. Ok, that's a lie, it's never been "very" clean. I'm making an effort to keep it in good enough shape for me to be able to work in it. Yes, that's a more factual statement! I really think this has contributed to my recent motivation to "do" some... anything. I don't dread looking into the room, keeping the door kept shut because I didn't want to have to go and clean up all the many messes that cluttered the room.

While I still create best with a bit of chaos, and maybe some wine. I'm beginning to like to put things up when I complete something.

Do you work better in chaos or with everything in its place???

Side note: funny/not so funny story to share. Saturday, I was making some cards and did some embossed gears on one of them (see previous posts). I knew I also wanted to add some metal gears. I went to look for them and couldn't find them. I looked and looked. I probably looked for a little over 45 minutes. Dumb founded confused as to why they were not where I always put them. My daughter then walks in, I'm beyond frustrated. I have tons of gears, store bought, vintage, clock parts etc. And to not be able to find a single one.. irritating!! So, she comes in and asks why I'm upset. I tell her I can't find the gears. She then informs me that a week or so before Taylor (my 11 yr old son) was in the room going through my metal drawers and "taking stuff." GRRRRRRRRRRR. I then talk to my son and he indeed took, hmm I'd say well over 45 gears from my drawers and used them to build little things for his army men and what not!!! Needless to say we had a big ole conversation, about taking things esp. vintage things without asking. It irritated me soo much! However, I do have a feeling in the near future I'll laugh about it, just not there yet!

Now see I've never had an issue with my kids kidnapping things from my area, as in my area they both have big ole drawer units filled with crafting supplies ranging from play dough to cardstocks, papers, embellishments, glues etc. Anything kid stuff or that I no longer have a use for! Do you kids kidnap things from your stash? This is my first encounter with it but I'm pretty sure it was last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always appreciated! Let me hear what you have to say!